"Se não estás prevenido ante os meios de comunicação, te farão amar o opressor e odiar o oprimido" Malcom X

sexta-feira, 5 de outubro de 2012

Fechando a semana - uma homenagem a um dos últimos mestres de nosso tempo

The months in Berlin made me a lifelong communist, or at least a man whose life would lose its nature and its significance without the political project to which he committed himself as a schoolboy, even though that project has demonstrably failed, and, as I now know, was bound to fail. The dream of the October Revolution is still there somewhere inside me, as deleted texts are still waiting to be recovered by experts, somewhere on the hard disks of computers. I have abandoned, nay, rejected it, but it has not been obliterated. To this day I notice myself treating the memory and tradition of the USSR with an indulgence and a tenderness which I do not feel towards communist China, because I belong to the generation for whom the October Revolution represented the hope of the world, as China never did. The Soviet Union's hammer and sickle symbolised it.

Interesting Times, Little Brown, 2002




Eric Hobsbawn em visita ao Brasil, Paraty(RJ), 1995

Nenhum comentário:

Feed do Substantivu Commune